Over the years, this webpage has taken many forms; starting as a family saga, then going through what I can only call my transitional stage, then going to nothing at all, and finally this new beginning. The reason for this new beginning is simple.
I quit doing the website because it was a quick and easy way to keep any nosey, busybody, trouble-making types of people out of my business. Quite frankly, it only worked partially. Sure, it kept the troublemakers from knowing my day-to-day business, but it did not stop the trouble making activities. It seems that if one is really determined to cause trouble, they will.
Next, I discovered when I quit, that my website had become the only real way I remained in touch with family and friends. When I quit doing it, I found that I did not hear from my family and friends as much as I used to. I missed that.
Finally, I enjoyed writing this website. I enjoyed coming up with new and interesting things to write. I enjoyed picking out the pictures and putting them up. I enjoyed sharing our adventures. Why should I stop something I enjoy just because of a few bad apples?
So, a new adventure awaits. Welcome one and all to our bowl of Tropical Fruit. I hope you enjoy it and continue to join us on our adventures for a good long time. Let’s get started.
First, the introductions are in order.
First is me, Jennifer. I work at a basket importing and wholesale business and I love it. I am also attending college (well in the fall). I am majoring in broadcast media communications and I am about half way done with my associate’s degree. I also enjoy traveling around and seeing cool stuff, reading and writing. I have two daughters, Carolynn and Catherine.
Carolynn is 10 and is going into the fifth grade in the fall. That is the last grade before middle school. She enjoys video games, reading, Cabbage Patch Kids, Polly Pocket, and swimming.
Catherine is six. She will be in the second grade in the fall. She enjoys talking. She rarely stops. She also enjoys swimming, playing at the park, playing with toys and coloring.
Then there is our friend David. He lives with us and takes care of the girls while I am at work. He is out of school now and is starting again in the fall. He enjoys video games, movies, reading, swimming and travel.
We also have a cat named Kitty. She believes she is the queen and we are all her subjects. We also have a dog named Elvis; however, he did not much care for being an apartment dog, so he now lives with my parents.
So that is it. Each day will be a new adventure. There will also be some other new features, besides our daily adventures.
1. The Tropical Fruit Salad Trivia Challenge- Simply click the link to the right and play. You must sign up by clicking on the PLAY NOW. Simply enter your email address and a user name (we use or email names) and a password. Then you can play. The tournament begins each day so be sure to play daily. (***Note: If you are currently signed up to play other trivia challenges, you still must sign up for this one. You can still use the same email address, user name and password, but you must sign up for each tournament individually.)
2. Carolynn’s Weekly Kid News- Each Sunday, Carolynn will be bringing you the news from her view. This will also include Carolynn's question of the week.
3. Catherine’s Picture of The Week- Each Sunday, Catherine will be bringing you a picture she took for you to enjoy.
4. Song of the Week- Each Monday we will feature someone’s pick for song of the week.
5. Where Is David? - Since coming to California last November, David has been taking pictures of his feet at various locations. He will feature the picture and a clue, you guess the place. This will be each Wednesday.
6. Jennifer’s Weekly Yummy- Every Friday I will bring you a picture of some yummy food and perhaps a recipe. Maybe something I ate, maybe something I cooked, or maybe just something I wish I ate or cooked. You will see.
So there you have it. Welcome to Tropical Fruit!!!
1 year ago