In my life time I have lived in 22 different houses. David lived in the same house his whole life until he came here. Since he has been here we have moved twice. Maybe I am a little nomadic, but what are you going to do about it? NOTHING! HA HA!
Here is my list of why we moved. Oh, and in case you didn't know we moved directly across the street.
1. Both of the toilets work in the new apartment. In the old apartment, one of the toilets leaked constantly and we had to keep a towel down.
2. The new apartment is much bigger.
3. The all the appliances work in the new apartment. In the old one, only 2 of the burners on the stove worked, the dishwasher was useless, the washer only held two pairs of jeans and it took 2 hours to dry them.
4. All the windows and doors close and lock at our new place. At the old place, well, not so much.
5. Our new place is in a gated community, with alarm systems in every apartment and a security patrol at night. The old place had none of that.
6. The rent is cheaper at the new place.
7. The people are friendlier, and they speak English.
So there you have it. First, here are some pictures from the big move.
Next is the first in a series... we are calling it "Old and New"
Carolynn and Catherine's old room
Carolynn and Catherine's new room
1 year ago