Thank you for the cards and presents Grandma, Grandpa, Sarah, Aunt Chris and Uncle Steve, Mom, Dad, Carolynn, David, and Elvis. I am saving my money for Disneyland on Sunday and I used my Target gift card for a Littlest Pet Shop house. I love it. I got some more presents today from Mom and from David. David got me Captian Jack and Davey Jones for my ship and Mom got me a tea set and a Slinky. I am so happy I am 7! Yahooo!!!
Yesterday we had a little birthday celebration for Catherine. Her birthday is on Thursday. She had a lot of fun. We just decided to do it late Friday, so don’t get your self all worked up because you weren’t invited. No one was. She had a special dinner of mac and cheese. She had banana cake and presents. It was nice. She did not think she was going to get any presents because we are going on a special trip to Disneyland and the Build-A-Bear Workshop.
Catherine's banana cake
The first present
Presents from mom.
Present from Carolynn
Presents from her Dad
Present from David. It's the Black Pearl.
Happy Birthday Dear Catherine!
Sailing on the Black Pearl
Riding her new scooter.
P.S. Don't forget to send us pictures of your fun times. We will be doing until Friday. Then we will start something new.
1. Two days at Disneyland in February. It was soooo fun and cool, except the Haunted Mansion was closed.
Our Disney vacation
2. My birthday sleepover when I turned 10. We stayed up so late it was the next day and we ate a bunch of chocolate cake.
My 10th Birthday Sleepover
3. Our dog Elvis- we got him as a puppy and he pee’d every where. He was one peeing puppy.
Elvis and Priscilla in the snow.
4. Our vacation to Nashville- I accidentally put chocolate pudding on my mashed potatoes; Catherine got stuck on the potty; Sarah got stuck between the bed and the wall; The toilet in our hotel room exploded. It was soooooo fun.
This is where Catherine got stuck on the potty.
5. When I was 5 I got a Barbie jeep for my birthday. I rode it around all day with my friend Paige. She had one too. My friend Morgan rode in mine with me. It was so fun. But I don't have a picture of that.
I was thinking here about all the fun we have now, and my friend Heather sent the pictures of her fun, which were pictures of her kids. I then realized a lot of the fun we have involve kids. That got me thinking about things I remember from when I was a kid. This leads me to this….
10 Things I Remember From When I Was A Kid
1. My Smurf Record Player- I had a massive collection of 45’s. I still have one record. My dad bought me “Stop In The Name Of Love” by The Supremes on a 45 when I was little and now it hangs on my living room wall.
2. Locking my brother in my round elephant toy box and rolling it around the house.
3. My first Cabbage Patch. My mom must have went through hell to get her. They were like Tickle Me Elmo when they came out. Mine was named Liz. She had red hair and freckles just like me. I had her all the way through high school.
4. Going camping at the Grand Canyon. We stayed one night, froze our butts off and went to Las Vegas.
5. Madonna was “Like A Virgin”, Michael Jackson was cool, and The Stray Cats rocked. Now Madonna is still cool, (but much less virginal), Michael Jackson is scary and The Stray Cats are just Brian Setzer.
6. My Grandma’s dog Heidi. She was a little scary. But she sure loved her squeaky carrot.
7. My Annie Mansion. I was never really allowed to play with it and then it disappeared.
8. My 8th birthday sleepover party. There must have been 15 girls in a two bedroom apartment. I thought it was awesome. Now I wonder how my mom survived.
9. My Strawberry Shortcake bike. My first two-wheeler.
10. She-Ra. She was the cool sister of He-Man. She had an awesome cartoon. I had her castle and action figures. Excellent for battling my brother who owned all the He-Man stuff. She was cooler than Jem, Rainbow Brite, and I loved her… Until they came out with My Little Pony.
On A Side Note....
Several of you have asked how you can get on our automatic e-mailing list. All you have to do is send me an e-mail (Click on the link to the right) and let me know and I will add you to it. I had it set up so every time I did anything on there you'd get an email, but I fixed it. Now you will only get an e-mail if there is something new to read. Thanks.
On this website, I share the fun stuff we do around here on a regular basis. Therefore, I figured that it is about time you people started sharing your fun stuff with us. So send me pictures of you all doing fun stuff. I will get you started. Here are some pictures of us doing fun stuff.
Me and Carolynn coming into Disneyland
David waiting in line at Buzz Lightyear AstroBlasters.
Catherine and Carolynn playing at Disneyland.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Our First Entry
So, the other day I posted a comment on this website stating that people not participating in our life (or this website) will not be allowed to upset or hurt me or my children because I will not allow it. In response to this notification, I received six responses. Two of which came from people I had mentioned I knew were active participants. (Yes, Heather and Trish, this means you.) That means that four people I know, read this website when I sent it to them in a mass email and then responded. I defiantly know more than six people. I am absolutely sure I have more than six relatives. I would estimate I had around six really good friends though. And you know what, most of them responded! Do not worry though, it does not bother me. My kids however… Well, let me tell you something, if I notice once that it bothers them, it will bother me. Just a fair warning.
Anyway, that is all I have to say about that. If you would like this website e-mailed to you every time I add to it, I can do that. However, be warned, it will send you an automatic e-mail every time it updates and sometimes it takes me a whole bunch of updating to get the posts the way I want it. (Adding pictures, ect…) Nevertheless, it will let you know when the new stuff is there. If you want to be added to our mailing list then send me an email. (You can click on the link to the right.) Also, feel free to e-mail any of us. Carolynn loves to get e-mail. She rarely gets any, but she does write back. Catherine also enjoys getting e-mail, but do not count on a response. She is too busy bouncing around to answer.
On to more happy things…
My friend Trish and her family are moving to Cherry Point, NC from their current home in South Canada…. Vermont. I was looking on a map today and discovered that Cherry Point, NC is only a four-hour drive from Newport News, VA, where my friend Heather and her family live. Then I thought to myself… I have never seen the east coast, maybe it is about time. Therefore, I am planning a trip. I do not know when or any details yet. However, I am going to plan them and I will let you know. I never really planned a real vacation before. I went to Nashville, TN once and that was fun, but my mom planned it. I have gone on plenty of local weekend type trips (Las Vegas, Disneyland, Universal Studios, ect.) but never cross-country. Unless you count all those unpleasant moves to and from Wisconsin, and I do not. So look for upcoming news about our vacation.
You may have noticed that we have been spending a lot of time at Disneyland as of late. Well, we have. It is the happiest place on earth after all. It was quite a challenge to get those passes too. They were not cheap, unless your name is Bill Gates. My name is not, unfortunately. Therefore, it took some planning and challenges to get them. However, we did it and now we plan to get our monies worth out of them. How can you not like Disney? We may not see much Disney action next month though. They are having some interesting Halloween stuff going on there, but it costs extra. We are planning on going to Fright Fest at Magic Mountain in October. Halloween is my favorite holiday. There is candy flowing everywhere. I have so many decorations for both inside and outside. Costumes are so fun. We may end up doing both the Disney Halloween and Fright Fest. I got some coupons from Six Flags in my desk.
The girls had school pictures today. When I get them, I will post them for all to see. Who knows what they will look like. I dressed Catherine, so her clothes match and they were clean when she left. What she looks like for the picture could be very different. Carolynn insisted on picking her own and doing her own hair. She is all about fashion and stuff recently. It is so weird. Do not tell anyone, but yesterday she announced she wants to start shaving her legs…. I do not even want to shave mine. Frankly, if it were not for my severe hatred of pantyhose, I probably would not. Carolynn is 10. She is also a little nutty.
Catherine’s birthday is soon. She wants to go to… you guessed it… Disneyland. Well, not just Disneyland, but the Build-A-Bear workshop in Downtown Disney and dinner at the Rainforest Café. She is not a cheap date. All Carolynn wanted for her birthday was a friend to sleep over and a Slurpee. Well, that is that. Nothing else is going on around here. We have no weekend plans (for a change). Sounds like a fun filled weekend of laundry and movies.
You may have noticed a slump in my keeping up with this website as I originally set out to do. Well, there is a reason for this. Frankly, as much fun as I have writing this website, it isn’t nearly as much fun if no one is reading it.
Oh, I know there are a few readers, mostly friends of mine who live far away. That is how we keeping touch with our busy lives. We have these websites and we check them regularly. We have kids, jobs, and school we all have to deal with; if it were not for internet, we would have no friends. However, thanks to my website, Trisha’s website, and my friend Heather’s regular e-mail updates, I have friends.
However, it seems no one else reads this. It is not as if it is a secret website. It is on the World Wide Web. I e-mailed out this link to everyone I know. Still no readers. That makes it hard to want to update this website as often as I like. However, that is not my worry. Frankly, it is the loss of those who choose not to participate in the lives of this household.
What is sad is what it does to my kids. They were so excited when we started this website. Carolynn was out writing her weekly news and Catherine was taking pictures. However, when they realized no one was responding, they quit. They are kids. That is just sad. Nevertheless, it is going to be fine because here are some facts you may not have known:
1. I am happy. I have a good job. I have a nice apartment. Both of which I got myself.
2. We have fun. Thanks to my job, we can afford year passes to the San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park, annual passes to Disneyland, and trips all over. We have been to the circus, horse races, parks, beaches, hiking, and more.
3. My kids are well behaved, get good grades, and are happy.
So there you go. Read this or do not read this. It is up to you. Either way, we will be fine.