Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Campers

We got home from camping this afternoon. We had quite an adventure.

We left here on Friday evening after I got home from work. It was not very far to San Onofre. We got there, set up camp, and roasted hot dogs. Saturday we went over to the beach. The beach at San Onofre was hosting a surf contest, so we went up the street to the beach at San Clemente State Park. It was nice and the girls had fun. David got a wicked sunburn at the beach. Look at this watch line.

I have this school project where I have to show 6 minutes of footage of people talking about and doing an activity or at a specific place. I am not allowed to use my own family, make a “How-To” video and must use original footage. I have been having so much trouble figuring out what to do. Jo Anna suggested I do it on camping. Therefore, Saturday, Carolynn and I went out to chat up campers. And you know what… people suck. Okay, not all people, but a lot of people suck. I only got 3 minutes of footage. Most people refused to be a part of it. The few people that participated were nice. I do not know why exactly people sucked, but I have a few theories;

1) People are suspicious of strangers in general.
2) They were worried I would use the video for some illicit purpose.
3) They were concerned I was scoping out their camp stuff for later thieving.
4) They wanted to make sure that if I used it for commercial purposes they could be paid. (Seriously, someone actually said that.)

I told them what it was for, but still had very few helpers. Anyway, I did not finish my project. David suggested I make it about my job. I do not know, it is not that exciting. I had better think quick.

Well, here is my video. I incorporated some of the people I met into it. They were good sports. There is no video of the beach in my movie because I ran out of room. I have some, just could not fit it, so I stuck to campers. Enjoy the movie.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like fun. I'm sorry that people suck. I think if you had tried to video tape people here in N.C., they would have let you. People are much friendlier in the south. Only in Cali would someone asked to be paid, lmao.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good picture of a very handsome young man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trisha- I know. I couldn't believe it. There was a group of campers from a church youth group and they were doing a photo scavenger hunt and they told us they had trouble too.

    David's Dad- That picture I was trying to show his watch line because he got very burned at the beach. The best David thing would be in the video with him trying to hit a Wiffle Ball and Carolynn cracking up. lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Eve. Hopefully it's just a California thing with the non-cooperation. I am sure I will think of something else to try. I figure teenagers might be more forthcoming...

    ReplyDelete
  5. well it looks like you guys had fun. Lots of families with tents and kids how fun is that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was fun. The whole campground was full. Too bad so few would talk to us.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.