Friday, May 02, 2008

Is It Friday Yet?

It has been a very long week. Monday I called in sick. I never do that. Tuesday I went to work, but came home early sick. I am still all stuffed up. I wish this would go away. I have been so busy at work too. We received three containers of baskets from China. That is a serious amount of baskets. We had many people waiting on these baskets so we have been doing a lot of shipping. Then of course, the month ended so that added another pile of paperwork.

Carolynn’s phone was stolen on Wednesday. She reported it right away to the campus police and her friend Kina saw a boy with her phone. The school searched him today and called his mom, but it has been two days. If he had any sense, he tossed it or gave it to someone else or something by now. I turned it off right away and I already have a new phone for her coming on Monday. Luckily, I have insurance. However, I made Carolynn pay the deductible because she should not have left her phone unattended. She left it in her purse, in her backpack, in a classroom full of rowdy kids and a substitute teacher. She needs to be responsible for her things if she expects me to buy her nice things (like fancy phones).

Today was Crazy Hair Day at Catherine’s school. Carolynn made her hair all glittery and out a bunch of ribbons in it. No one got a picture though.

Check Carolynn’s blog later. She and David are at the movies and I am sure she will have a movie review when they get home. Carolynn has something going on tomorrow too, so look for that tomorrow.

Next weekend we are going camping. That should make for a fun adventure. I am sure we will have a video.

I have a cool post about the girls’ cousin Taylor for tomorrow. Be sure and check it out.

That is all for tonight. It has been a long day and I have to get up early to drive Carolynn.

2 comments:

  1. That sucks about Carolynn's phone but you are a smart mom for making her pay the deductible. It's entirely correct that she should be more careful with her phone.

    I really hope you're finally feeling better. You must've been close to death to take a day off work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was close to death... Luckily I lived. I am at about 80% better now. I can't believe that this lasted so long.

    Carolynn wasn't too thrilled with the $50 loss, but I bet she keeps a better eye on her phone from now on.

    I hope you and that husband had a nice anniversary.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.