Friday, May 09, 2008

We Gotta Have More Cowbell

I’d like to thank all of the well wishers that left comments on my early week stress. Just so you don’t worry, a very pleasant woman named Maria from the property management office called me back the next day and assured me I wouldn’t have to pay the extra rent and there would be no late fee. I was also not required to sign anything and I will have no problems before I move on June 30. Also, the government gave me $1200 today so there is a huge help in my moving expense. After some serious research, we are going to end up renting a truck to move. It will be fine.

As for work, I am getting caught up. Yesterday, I sent a nasty e-mail to my boss, and I felt better. Luckily, he is understanding of stress and easily got over it. Besides, what is he going to do, fire me? I guess he could, but I don’t see that being very helpful to his business. Thursday marked the two year anniversary of my being at this job. Woo.

Today I applied for 30 jobs in Austin; 21 jobs on Craigslist, 7 jobs at the University of Texas, and 2 at Careerbuilder.

Finals are almost over. I took one yesterday and I have a final project due by Thursday and one more final test on Tuesday. Then WOOOOOOOO! DONE!!!!

Catherine has been doing better. Sometimes, she just needs a little kick in the butt. Or a massive kick, either way.

I sure got a lot of comments and opinions on yesterday’s Thursday 13. I love it when we have discussion. That is why I am joining the iReply Movement. Check out my new badge and their website. You comment, I reply. I am going to make more of an effort to leave comments on other blogs I frequent too. I don’t like to leave comments unless I have something specific to add. Trish was exploring this topic on her blog the other day.

Today we are going on our camping trip to the beach. I am sure there will be a video. Carolynn tried to call the video for her website, but she was denied on that one. She called pictures from her running thing on Saturday and has yet to share them. I am also going to attempt my final project at the campground. I might share that with you too.

That’s it until Sunday. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Camping sounds like the perfect to unwind after a stressful week. Enjoy the beach and your children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eve. We had a great time. I only got a little sunburned. Trust me... for me that is the best I am going to get. I was wearing plenty of sunscreen too.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.