Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Bunch Of Chimpanzees

Here is a video of my Thanksgiving weekend.



On Thursday, Carolynn, Catherine, and I got up and finished making our baked goods. We made pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, apple pie, pumpkin raisin muffins, chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter cookies. We also made fudge. We did most of the baking earlier in the week. We delivered a pumpkin pie and some pumpkin bread to Chris, Sherri and Taylor on Wednesday evening. Catherine made the pies herself. Then we made the turkey. It was so good. Carolynn made the mashed potatoes and the green bean casserole and Catherine “made” the cranberry sauce. While we were waiting for the food to cook, we played some games. After dinner, we packed up the baked goods and went to my mom’s house.

Aunt Paveena, Alyssa, Jonathan, and Uncle Dan were there when we got there and Joe, Nicole and Allison came shortly after. We had some pie and cookies. Aunt Paveena made a slaw salad that Carolynn loved. Jonathan told some wild stories. Uncle Dan packed away some food. It was nice to see everyone.

On Friday, the girls and I joined my parents, Grandpa and Alyssa and went to Knott’s Berry Farm. It was a county employee day and all seven of us got in for $45. You just can’t beat that. As soon as we got in the girls and Alyssa wanted to ride roller coasters. My dad took them while my mom, Grandpa and I went to get Mrs. Knott’s chicken. I tried some rhubarb while I was there, and though it wasn’t totally inedible, I had enough in the four bites I took to last me the rest of my life. My Grandpa and my mom thought it was funny. It was a food adventure. After we ate, we looked in some shops and found the others. We rode some rides and hung out. Grandpa and I went shopping while the others were riding. He sent some jelly to my sister. By then it was getting dark and cool out. So we headed home. It was fun. It is nice that Grandpa came. Sure, he moves slower, and I am sure the girls could have stayed longer, but one day they can look back and remember places they went with their great-grandpa.

On Saturday, David and I went to the Salvation Army to volunteer. There was no bell ringing for us that day. We had to empty kettles and count. We counted a lot of money. After we finished, we came home and did some house cleaning. We put the Thanksgiving decorations away. We watched some movies. Carolynn went with Taylor to see Bolt in the afternoon. She said it was very good.

Today we put up our Christmas stuff. I made this video. I am watching TV. David is at work. The girls have not gotten dressed all day. It was quite a weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Great video! I love the song...love BNL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam. I thought the song fit... a song about monkey postcards and my family... sounds like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice video.....I do not think I know a single person that likes Rhubarb. It may be more popular in the southern states. I think marie callendar does have a strawberry rhubarb pie....although I have never tried it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.