Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Life's A Beach

Nothing new still. Just hanging in there. I heard from that interview from last week. She gave me some story about how she has no idea what was going on and that some supervisor was the one who got to pick and she had no say in it. It sounded like a blow off to me. I could be wrong. Today we are having pork roast burritos again. Everyone loved it when I made it last Sunday and the leftovers were good too. Anyway, on with random picture that has nothing to do with my craptacular life. (Yes, craptacular is a word.)


This is Carolynn and Catherine at Torrey Pines State Beach in 2005. That has to be one of my favorite places ever. A long time ago, I used to go there a lot to get away from my house and all that video game noise. It was a pretty rough time then too, but not financially like now. Anyway, I was stressed a lot and I wasn't eating or sleeping. I would go there and hike and hike all over the cliffs. Early in the morning there would be old folks walking on the trails. In the evening moms with strollers would be hiking. It wasn't all bad. I went from a size 20 to a size 14 that summer. Even after the video game was gone, I would still go there and hike with the girls or let them play at the beach. After we moved to Northern San Diego, I didn't go there often anymore. If we went to the beach, we went to the beach in Oceanside or Carlsbad. Once we even drove north and went to Huntington Beach. In May we went camping at San Onofre State Beach. The beach is a calming place for me.

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about the beach lately myself. A couple years ago, we spent a long weekend at the beach in November and it was so wonderful. No one was really around at all. I slept with the balcony door cracked so I could hear the waves. sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.