Friday, November 14, 2008

Just An Update... Nothing New

Monday I had an interview. I thought it went really well. The lady said she’d call me today. She has not yet. I called there and I was told today is her day off. I am still hopeful. The interview I had on Wednesday did not go so well. Did you ever go to an interview and get the feeling that they chose someone else earlier and there was no hope? That is how I felt at my interview on Wednesday afternoon. What really sucked is that it was the best job I have had an interview for in a long time. I have applied for at least 15 jobs this week alone.

I am exploring other alternatives. I am running out of time though. Bills are mounting up. If I cannot pay the car payment, I lose my car. If I lose my car, I have no transportation to get to jobs. I have a huge blotch on my credit and I will not be able to get a new car, even if I had a job. In addition, that huge credit issue would disqualify me from certain federal jobs. If I pay my car payment, I will not have the money for the rent. I called the finance company and they said they could arrange for me to skip a month, but they need me to pay now as a “good faith” then I could “skip” the next one, but I would still have to pay the interest. That did not help at all. Look at me… right between that rock and a hard place.

I really don’t want to move, but that is looking like a real possibility. I love the schools here. The girls are having the best school years of their lives. Carolynn has friends and activities. Catherine got all A’s, and made the Honor Roll. She also got an Academic Excellence award. She is in G.A.T.E. and her school focuses on arts. She gets special attention in her reading because she is at such a high reading level. She gets challenged and is reading great books. Even Catherine has friends. I would hate to move them, but moving schools is better than living in the car.

Yesterday, Catherine had her parent teacher conference. As I said, she got all A’s. Except they do not call them A’s. The children are scored on a one to five scale; three is at grade level, four is the goal. Catherine got all five’s. He teacher said she is very good. She does her work and gets along with the kids. She is reading at a seventh grade level. She is one smart cookie. Too bad getting dressed and brushing her hair are apparently something she just cannot learn in school. Last night they had literature night at her school. They had stories and a book swap. Catherine brought books she has out grown and traded them for one her level. She got Around The World In 80 Days by Jules Verne. There were refreshments and a raffle. It was fun. Today Catherine had an assembly where she received her achievement award and her honor roll award. I got me one of those “My Kid is an Honor Roll student” bumper stickers. Here are a couple of pictures. I forgot my camera and took them with my phone.





Another reason I do not want to go from here, Nicole called me this morning and told me the doctor said she is having a boy. I am having a nephew! Okay, so I am so excited. However, I will not believe it until I see it. They told me Catherine was a boy when I was pregnant and you can see how well that worked out. I understand Allison was quite upset that she did not get a little sister. That is another reason not to move, Allison can have “big sisters” in Carolynn and Catherine. It is such an exciting time. I would hate to miss it. I have always lived far away and missed stuff. I finally live close.

I am taking it one day at a time, but the days are flying by. As each day passes, I am more and more stressed and frustrated.

Breathe.

Tomorrow I will go to the store to get some groceries. I will do some cleaning and hang out with the kids. Maybe tomorrow will be the day I get a job.

2 comments:

  1. So I always wanted one of those bumper stickers, So way to go Catherine she is the first to earn the coveted bumper sticker......

    ReplyDelete
  2. it will work out for you!!! for sure, be strong and hopeful.
    Have a great weekend, I gave you a shout out on our blog!
    MuchaCostaRica Round-Up

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.