Friday, November 21, 2008

One Beaudet At A Time

In case some of you didn't know, my friend Heather, who has been leaving comments for years, just started a blog of her own. Check it out: One Beaudet At A Time

David designed that header for her. Yesterday she had a picture of Catherine on her blog. Today here is a picture of Heather's daughter Kayleigh.



I remember when Kayleigh was born. It was cold in Kenosha. I went to see them at the hospital. Kayleigh was so tiny. Joey may have been at my house while Heather was at the hospital. I can't remember. I remember the first time I had Joey and Kayleigh at my house. Kayleigh was in a playpen and Joey had just got his first pair of glasses.

I added a couple of other new blogs to my list over the last couple of weeks.

Red Lotus Mama
Making Things Up
Mutts N' More
Snailbird.com

All of these I met doing NaBloPoMo this year.

Nothing amazing happened since my last post. I am going this afternoon to the Salvation Army to volunteer. I donated a bunch of food to Catherine's school. I decided to go to school and become a CNA, or Certified Nursing Assistant. It is a one semester course and could open up some new paths. I haven't got a lot of opportunity right now. I start in the Spring. I do have an interview scheduled for this Tuesday at 10:00. This is a big one. The biggest one so far. I have my fingers crossed that it goes well. Fingers, toes, arms, legs, eyes... everything crossed. I am a pretzel. But I did the same thing last week before my interview and we know how that went...

This is the last weekend before Thanksgiving. I hope everyone has their feasts purchased and are looking forward to the holiday. Is anyone going to brave the sales the day after Thanksgiving? I will not be anywhere near a store, unless I happen to get a job in one. Besides, I have no shopping money. It would be fun to work in the mall at Christmas time. I used to enjoy working at Hickory Farms at Christmas. That is the one thing I miss about Wisconsin.

We had a old dead tree in our front yard. Because I rent, it is in our rental agreement that I will take care of the yard, but not the trees. I have been complaining about the eyesore since we got here. Recently, the town gave the owners a citation because the tree was a fire hazard. Finally, yesterday they sent some guys over here to deal with it. They trimmed all the trees in the yard way down to nothing. It was noisy and scary. The dead tree was huge. It crashed loud when branches hit the ground. One big branch hit the garage door and scared me. Luckily there was no damage. It got dark before they could finish, so it looks like a big dead stick in my yard.

That is all for now. Have a happy Friday people!

4 comments:

  1. i feel special, i was your title! i remember that picture of kayleigh. joey was at your house when kayleigh was born. you came to see me in the hospital and brought me lots of goodies and kayleighs blankie that she still carries around. i remember the day i met you to watch joey. he hated everywhere i took him to meet potential sitters and he would NOT leave your house! guess he knew you were going ot love him almost as much as we do! we sure do miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder why Joey liked me... I stole his pacifier and wouldn't give it back. Maybe it was the serious amount of kids, toys and dogs.

    Now that I think about it, I remember Ken picking Joey up and he was so excited. I am glad Kayleigh liked the blanket that much.

    I love this picture of Kayleigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's wonderful you've decided to be a CNA. It's not the best-paying job around but it's steady. I don't think you'll ever need to worry about being unemployed again. I really appreciated the CNA's who took care of my husband both with Hospice and at the nursing home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eve- Yes, it is not glamorous, but there are a lot of jobs for that. The only part that is bad is that it will be next summer before I can even do the job. I still have to find a job in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.