Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Because I'm Worth It

If you may recall, I had been feeling a wee bit stressed as of late. (See previous posts here and here.) Okay, so a wee bit stressed was clearly understating the fact that I was a hot mess. I needed help. I needed help from a pro.

So I went to a therapist. She has been helping me deal with the stress and anxiety. She gives me a place I can vent. She helps me find ways to manage my stress. She helps me to cope with my anxiety with out drugs, and advised me to speak to my doctor just in case I did require medication.

You know what, it's working. It's been bumpy. But so far, I feel better.

The first thing she told me was that I had to take better care of me.

She told me I had to get better sleep. I was so stressed I wasn't sleeping. I would be in my bed just thinking about horrible and stressful things and I couldn't turn it off. That was my main problem. If you don't sleep, nothing else is going to be any good. I wasn't sleeping. Therefore, I wasn't eating. I was too tired to cook or chew. Then I missed several days of work, because I just couldn't function. It's not safe for me to be at work in that state. Then I was totally over reacting to everything. I was a serious wreck. Especially since the next things on her list were to eat better, exercise, spend time with people you enjoy, and do enjoyable activities.. So, who wants to hang out with a crazy tired lady? No one.

But I had to do something.

And I have been. And I am getting a lot better.

One of the things she suggested I try is a journal. Write down what I am doing, how I am feeling. What works. What doesn't. And since I figure I am not the only person in the universe who has issues, I thought I would share it here.

And so, here we go. Together. Because every thing is better with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me A Comment. You Know You Wanna.